Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years at Together As One

Together As One 2010 - 2011

This night was supposed to be awesome...yet things were different...I got to spend New Years with New Friends...friends I met through #trancefamily on Twitter...Crissy, Erica and Danny...They were great company! 

Go Ventures really messed this event up this year...staging was terrible, the crowd was insane...and VIP security took forever...I had a couple minor panic attacks just waiting to get searched...which was barely anything!

Will Call took forever for Crissy and I didn't meet up with her until about almost 2 hours after we got there. Usually Groovetickets is on their game...I don't understand what happened with them that night! Erica wanted to experience the LA rave scene so she went into the crowd....cell phone reception is always pretty terrible at these events, but I was surprised to see that my text messages were going through. Excited even! I wandered around the VIP area behind the Together Area Tent...searching for people I knew...but no one looked familiar...luckily I ran into a friend and talked with him and his g/f for a couple minutes. After standing there for a bit I noticed two friendly faces...my boys Mike and Austin from the Space Rockerz! OMG it was nice to see people I knew! Maybe 15 minutes later Crissy finally made her way to me!!! It was nice to be reunited! So SR took us back to Markus's trailer which was now converted to theirs lol...booze galore...thankfully! 2 cocktails and 2 beers later I was feeling awesome! 5 Minutes to midnight we headed outside of the trailer to hear the music...and then the countdown started...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Champagne bottle was POPPED...and our glasses filled! Hugs all around and we ran to the VIP area and danced around drinking champagne! After the countdown we all ventured to the Arena...geezus it was a hot mess in there! Music was meh...we weren't digging it so we left back to the Together Tent..Laidback Luke was just about over...Erica met Crissy, Danny and I on the side and we hung out there until around 1:40...we decided to walk back to Deb's car to avoid the craziness! I said my goodbyes and went to the Radisson to wait...

It started out pretty rough, but ended on a pretty good note. Change is always good...sometimes its for the best, and unpredictable...so you just have to roll with the punches. Here are some pics from TAO!









Much Love, 
~E

No comments:

Post a Comment