Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Because sometimes, writing it down helps....

Sometimes I feel alone, and depressed...but this quote I read today sums it all up...

"Never depend on others as your source of happiness, or you will surely be disappointed and heart-broken many times over. You alone are the source of your happiness and you alone are the source of prolonged emotional suffering. Short of physical force, all emotional pain is self-inflicted. Want is the cause of most emotional misery, and wise people want nothing which is not within their reach or control."




I know recently I've been having some problems with depression...and used a lot of kleenex...but at the end of the day, I am the creator of my own destiny...I have a hard time accepting that sometimes...most times, and on a daily basis occasionally, but I need to start having more faith in myself.


Most days I feel like things aren't going my way, or its not "my time" and that I am destined to be stuck in this rut forever...


I need to keep reminding myself that I am fortunate for being in the position I am right now...for living the life I live...for knowing the people that I know.


Lately I have been praying a lot too...not asking for God to change things...but for guidance...a path...a sign...God has answered many things for me in my life...and sometimes I am asking too much of him...I  must leave all the answers up to him...subtle signs, little answers, a direction...and in time I'm sure there will be the light up ahead pointing me in the right direction...in all areas in my life.


Wow it feels good to get this off my chest...it really does feel good to type it out...it won't totally erase the emotions I feel occasionally, but its a start...and thats all that I can ask for...


Anyways thats all for now....until next time...I hope this helps someone...anyone.


~E

No comments:

Post a Comment